Location: Winnipeg, MB
Software Developer – Winnipeg
As part of the software developer team, you will contribute to the overall system level design and implementation process. Design, document, implement, modify, and test new software development applications. Review requirements documents and develop solutions to meet these requirements.
Primarily working within the RIVA product group and may have opportunities to work on a wide range of ARxIUM products utilizing various technologies. Looking for someone smart, motivated, and full of new and innovative ideas to bring our products to the next generation utilizing the latest technologies. Ideal candidate can jump into a new technology stack and understand it quickly. .
• Developing C# code for the Windows embedded platform to control RIVA’s embedded systems.
• Development and maintenance of multi-threaded logic and device layer software
• Device driver development and maintenance for PLC based motion hardware
• Supporting Robotic control systems
• Development and maintenance of Ethernet, and serial device interfaces
• Database modeling and data design using Sybase SQL Anywhere
• Development of stored procedures, and development of reports
• Development of Vision pattern matching solutions
• Development of user interfaces for keyboard/mouse and via touch screens
• Unit testing and performing Verification and Validation activities
• Provide input for technical manuals and user facing documentation
• Working with customer sites to define system interfaces, supporting process modeling/ analysis, and training RIVA systems to handle site data.
• Provide support for customer issues when required.
• Past experience with C#, *.net framework, SQL database, and GUI development a major plus
• Knowledge and understanding of development principles, processes and technology
• Desired experience with Windows Embedded, multithreaded application development, serial communications, motion control, robotics, networked applications, medical devices, and/or networked applications.
• Knowledge of relational database concepts; ability to write SQL queries as well as stored procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Good interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with both co-workers and customers.
• Great attention to detail.
• Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
• Basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and cyber security
• Regulated environment experience (FDA, ISO, GMP, etc)
• Test automation experience (Coded UI, IBM RFT, HP UFT, etc)
• Project management experience
• QA or developer lead experience
• Reporting tool experience (Crystal Reports, Jaspersoft, Qlik)
• WinForms and/or WPF experience
Education and Experience:
• Computer Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
• 3-8 years of development experience desired. Willing to consider capable people that have little to no experience with our technology stacks and tools. Looking for smart and adaptable people.
ARxIUM offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a company match RRSP/DPSP, a generous paid time off (PTO) program, a profit sharing program and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Please forward resume and cover letter in confidence indicating “Software Developer” in the subject line to: email@example.com.