Location: Winnipeg, MB
Summary of Position:
The Software Developer contributes to the software design and development activities for ARxIUM. Designs, documents, tests, and modifies current and new software development applications; reviews requirements documents and helps to develop solutions in order to meet these requirements; contributes to specific assignments and performs work which require application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering activities.
Will have opportunities to work on a wide range of products utilizing various technologies. Looking for someone smart, motivated, and full of new and innovative ideas to bring our products to the next generation utilizing the latest technologies. Ideal candidate can jump into a new technology stack and understand it quickly.
Willing to evaluate candidates who do not meet all listed skills but can learn quickly. If you are looking to expand your knowledge and want to join a great team please apply! This position comes with excellent opportunities for future team leadership roles.
• Designs, codes and unit tests design solutions.
• Contributes effectively as a member of the team; takes ownership of individual assignments with support from more senior Engineers as necessary.
• Provides third tier support when required.
• Participates in activities such as reviewing marketing requirements, writing and reviewing software functional specifications, and design reviews.
• Creates detailed designs, performs analyses, creates prototypes, and documents completed designs.
• Contributes to the development and achievement of ARxIUM organizational goals and objectives.
• Provides input for Software Development budgeting and scheduling.
• Provides input for Software Development software and hardware purchases.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Strong knowledge utilizing Microsoft .NET with a focus on C# along with advanced concepts (multi-threading, design patterns, best practices)
• Knowledge and understanding of development principles, processes and technology
• Knowledge of physical database structures; ability to analyze, manage, tune databases for performance; knowledge of relational database concepts; disaster recovery; best practices
• Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server
• Windows forms experience
• Regulated environment experience (FDA, ISO, GMP, etc.)
• WPF experience a plus
• Web experience a plus
• Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
• Good interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with both coworkers and customers
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to use office equipment such as printers, copiers, and faxes
• Device driver development and maintenance for PLC based motion hardware
• Supporting Robotic control systems
• Development and maintenance of Ethernet, and serial device interfaces
• Database modeling and data design using Sybase SQL Anywhere
• Development of stored procedures, and development of reports
• Development of Vision pattern matching solutions
• Development of user interfaces for keyboard/mouse and via touch screens
• Unit testing and performing Verification and Validation activities
• Provide input for technical manuals and user facing documentation
Education and Experience:
• Computer Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
• Three or more years of software development or related experience desired
We offer a competitive salary, and an opportunity for growth and career development. We offer an excellent employee health and welfare plan, generous PTO package, educational reimbursement to name a few of our benefits. If you are keen and want to work for a growing, transforming company, please apply with a resume, indicating “Software Developer” in the subject line to: email@example.com