Location: Winnipeg, MB
The Software Developer contributes to the software design and development activities for ARxIUM. Designs, documents, tests, and modifies current and new software development applications; reviews requirements documents and helps to develop solutions in order to meet these requirements; contributes to specific assignments and performs work which require application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering activities.
We have opportunities to work on a wide range of products utilizing various technologies. Looking for someone smart, motivated and full of new and innovative ideas to bring our products to the next generation utilizing the latest technologies. Ideal candidate can jump into a new technology stack and understand it quickly.
• Strong knowledge utilizing Microsoft .NET with a focus on C# along with advanced concepts (multi-threading, design patterns, best practices)
• Knowledge and understanding of development principles, processes and technology
• Knowledge of physical database structures; ability to analyze, manage, tune databases for performance; knowledge of relational database concepts; disaster recovery; best practices
• Oracle and SQL Server.
• Experience developing mobile applications utilizing a cross-platform framework. Xamarin preferred.
• Knowledge of best practices for mobile application design
• Full mobile application lifecycle experience a major plus
• Windows forms experience
• WPF experience a plus
• Web experience a plus
• Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
• Good interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with both coworkers and customers
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to use office equipment such as printers, copiers, and faxes
• Test automation experience (Coded UI, IBM RFT, HP UFT, etc.)
• Project management experience
• QA or developer lead experience
• Reporting tool experience (Crystal Reports, Jaspersoft, Qlik)
• Continuous integration experience
• Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
• Basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, networking and cyber security
Education and Experience:
• Computer Engineering degree, Computer Science Degree, or technical college degree, with relevant work experience.
• Five or more years of software development or related experience desired
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
• Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
• 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
• Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
• Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
ARxIUM offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a company match RRSP/DPSP, a generous paid time off (PTO) program, a profit sharing program and opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence indicating “Software Developer – Winnipeg” in the subject line to: email@example.com