Senior Systems Designer
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Summary of Position:
The Senior System Designer works closely with interdisciplinary teams to perform structured design, development, evolution and support of complex systems within a controlled regulatory environment. Knowledge and experience in system decomposition, mechanical systems, electrical systems, software, robotics, motion and controls, and automation is required. Integrated risk assessment and mitigation is performed as part of the development process in accordance with internal processes and procedures. The Senior System Designer may be involved in system concept design, goals definition, requirements definition, design, testing, verification, validation and documentation. This position may also be involved with the preparation of manufacturing, user and service documentation, and will work with the manufacturing group, the service group, customer support representatives and customers to support optimal installation and operation of their equipment within their environments.
• Perform system level design and analysis on products. This includes concept design and trade studies, including cost and performance, of electrical, mechanical and software as interrelated systems.
• Perform analysis, design and documentation of process flows.
• Perform risk analysis
• Perform verification and test activities including:
– Requirements verification review and reporting
– Generation of verification and test plans and procedures
– Software module and system verification testing
– Subsystem and system verification testing
– Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
– Generate documentation and support reviews for design and verification and test activities.
• Collaborates with members of interdisciplinary teams to implement and release high quality, reliable, ergonomic designs to production, which may include participating:
– in the design, requirements specification, coding, verification or test of software in accordance with internal standards and procedures.
– in the electrical design, analysis, bread-boarding and/or test in accordance with internal standards and procedures.
– in the mechanical design and analysis in accordance with internal standards and procedures.
• Support marketing and sales activities through customer meetings, design and implementation of installations and definition and documentation of detailed interfaces.
• Follow standard development processes and manage project and product data as required for long-range customer and product support.
• Performs technical duties concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process advantages and limitations which affect long-range plant and product engineering planning.
• Support proposal development
• Support schedule and budget development and maintenance
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Technical knowledge and experience in development of complex systems in regulated environments, including electrical, mechanical, software, testing and documentation expertise.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint, Office, Outlook, Visio, Excel, Project)
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Education and Experience:
• Previous work experience in one or more of the following areas: Medical devices, robotic systems, industrial automation, process design and control, electromechanical systems, systems engineering, electrical design, mechanical design or software development
• Broad technical knowledge base including mechanical, electrical and software design and development
• Engineering degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Five or more years of experience in a regulated product development environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing company. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a generous PTO plan, company match RRSP/DPSP and the opportunity for advancement. Please submit your resume with “Senior Systems Designer” in the subject line.