Location: Winnipeg, MB
ARxIUM – About our Company & Culture
ARxIUM is a healthcare technology firm with an industry-leading, innovative automation product in the Sterile Compounding/IV Automation called RIVA, along with a suite of other chiefly proprietary software and hardware solutions for hospital pharmacies, long-term care and the retail pharmacy markets.
Our Company has been providing innovative solutions in the pharmacy automation space for over ten years and currently serves customers in North America, Europe and Asia. We have offices in Winnipeg and the Chicago Area and work remotely in cities across North America and Europe.
In mid-2020, ARxIUM embarked on a company-wide business transformation project to accelerate profitable growth to enable its customers to digitize patient care and achieve the next level of performance with the help of our products. We implemented new systems and processes and developed and brought in new talent to drive transformation in many of our functions, including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Engineering, HR, and Finance, strengthening our operations to better support the ARxIUM growth.
Our teams reimagined new ways to work at ARxIUM as we advanced and solidified these changes in the new ARxIUM values. We strongly believe the Company’s accelerated growth is delivered by our team members consciously living our Company’s values every day. The ARxIUM’s Corporate values are:
• Teamwork: Leverage our collective genius through collaboration
• Growth: Always learn, grow, and share knowledge
• Agility: Respond rapidly and flexibly to achieve results
• Innovation: Innovate with a purpose to drive customer success
• Accountability: Take full ownership for all outcomes
• Quality: Deliver outstanding quality in everything we do
• Integrity: Demonstrate integrity in communications and actions
Transforming ARxIUM’s Operations Group
ARxIUM embarked on a business transformation project in 2020. Part of this transformation includes the consolidation of various functions involving internal and external services such as manufacturing, customer support and supply chain.
Currently, additional capabilities are being sourced for the following functions with several new roles: Manufacturing Operations Manager (Buffalo Grove, IL); Flex-Field Service Representatives (Remote).
Position – Ref # OPS OC-0121
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for performing numerous data processing tasks with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. This position performs various operation-related duties such as scheduling engineering changes, coordinating returns, order entry, and warehouse tasks.
This position requires a good balance of project management, administrative, and analytical skills. This person interacts and coordinates with multiple internal departments to develop plans and communicate progress to the Operations Team.
You will be a shining example of teamwork, effectively collaborating to realize our collective genius within all functional teams who work closely with warehousing, quality, supply chain, engineering and customer services groups. You will excel by exceeding internal and external customer expectations by embracing and living the new ARxIUM values and championing the ARxIUM business transformation initiatives within your function.
As the Operations Coordinator, you will:
• Facilitate the implementation of engineering changes with production, materials, engineering, and quality.
• Prepare and coordinate weekly engineering change meetings.
• Coordinate the calibration of parts with vendors and customers. Communicate and coordinate with Logistics/Supply Chain to ensure material is available.
• Responsible for the management of all returned materials and parts to the distribution center. Process return merchandise authorizations (RMA) and generate commercial invoices for return to U.S.
• Consistently and accurately update information regarding inventory in the ERP system.
• Answering service calls and checking the service voicemail queues. Adding escalation notes to existing calls, including revised estimated time of arrival (ETA).
• Performs data entry for purposes such as processing orders, accessing previous orders and special orders, and providing customers with current prices; researches any other inquiries as requested
• Responsible for following up with couriers and shipping companies regarding any missing or delayed shipments and resolving issues with customs clearance.
• Analyzes processes and makes recommendations for improving efficiency, parts delivery and expense reductions.
• Completes and submits all administrative reports on time, such as expense reports, project plans, and time tracking.
• Must display a high standard of accuracy when performing data entry tasks.
• Responsible for following the ARxIUM policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining close communication with the management team.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to think strategically and act tactfully.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, leadership and relationship building skills and the drive necessary for follow-up actions.
• Good decision, analytical and mathematical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with the Company’s products and services.
• Strong attention to detail and with passion for process improvement
• Passion for process improvement and challenging the status quo.
Educational Background & Prior Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree/broad training in fields of business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, or similar vocations obtained through technical vocational training or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum of two years experience in supply chain, warehousing, operations.
• Knowledge in EPICOR and Salesforce is an asset.
Please apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with reference number: OPS OC-0121