Location: Winnipeg, MB
Summary of Position:
As part of the design team, this role will focus mainly on the design of the mechanical systems, however, the incumbent may also be involved in the design of other sub-systems as required.
• Responsible for assigned product development activities, including, component selection, integration of components & sub-systems into larger systems, and ensuring product functional specifications are met.
• Utilize SolidEdge and/or Solidworks software to create designs, prototypes and final product definitions.
• Design optimization for cost, quality, manufacturability, and assembly by utilizing standard best practices.
• Work closely with the testing and software development team to coordinate the validation test activities.
• Write technical reports and other documentation as required.
• Physical installation and reconfiguration of components, including test prototypes, into machine for design testing
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Follow standard development processes and may manage or participate in projects as required for customer and product support.
• Support proposal development
• Support schedule and budget development and maintenance
• Performs related duties as assigned
• Previous work experience in one or more of the following areas: medical devices, robotic systems, industrial automation, process design and control, electromechanical systems, systems engineering, sheet metal.
• Understanding of design for manufacturing, and cost reduction methodologies.
• Strong practical GD&T experience.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Familiarity with the use of basic hand tools
Education and Experience:
• Mechanical Engineering degree, Mechanical Technologist diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• One or more years of product development experience desired (not applicable to new grads)
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing company. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a generous PTO plan and opportunity for advancement. Please submit your resume with “Mechanical Designer” in the subject line to: email@example.com