Manager, Field Service
Location: Toronto, ON
The Manager of Field Service leads a team of Field Service Representatives (FSR) in providing exceptional customer service. The successful candidate will be comfortable interfacing with customers in response to quality and satisfaction issues and ensures consistent practices of service standards.
The manager is responsible for activities required to respond to customer or company requests, such as: product service, support and/or parts order processing. The manager ensures that customer inquiries are processed in a quick, efficient and professional manner. This position will be managing the FSR’s in our RIVA product line. RIVA is an FDA regulated robotic intravenous automation medical device.
The manager also oversees the training and development initiatives of technical training for the team.
This position would be ideally suited to someone who has been an FSR, who has a technical mechanical/electrical/software background and excellent leadership skills to manage a team of FSR’s who can deliver exemplary service to our customers.
Our Canadian office is situated in Winnipeg, but ideally the candidate would be situated close to the Toronto area as we have a concentration of employees and equipment in that region.
• Responsible for the successful delivery of all on-site service and support by both third-party service providers and company Field Service Representatives including unscheduled service and preventative maintenance.
• Manages scheduling and completion of PM obligation to achieve 100% completion.
• Manages third party service providers to ensure that contractual commitments and SLA’s are being met.
• Reviews and monitors equipment reliability and maintenance metrics, develops and manages improvement plans as needed.
• Develops technical training schedules and requirements with third party service providers and company Field Service Representatives to ensure adequate on-site service coverage. Designs and develops skill assessment tools, curriculum, content and materials (such as facilitator and participant guides, job aids, etc.) for both instructor-led and e-learning training.
• Develops strategies to monitor and improve customer satisfaction; performs client surveys to track customer satisfaction levels and conducts meetings with customers as needed.
• Communicates with internal departments and management in order to ensure issue resolution.
• Reviews and monitors service contract and T&M collections.
• Assists the Sales team with presale and post-sale activities related to service delivery.
• Perform administrative functions including: vacation requests, expense approvals, employee reviews and disciplinary issues.
• Responsible for recruiting and performance management of direct reports; ensures they are poised to meet the company objectives and goals; provides development opportunities, coaching and mentorship as well as execution of individualized Training Requirement Records (TRR).
• Provides fiscal leadership and continuous quality improvement principles and processes to improve quality and minimize operational expenses.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Ability to travel as needed to act in a back-up capacity when short-staffed
• Knowledge of critical systems such as ERP, Salesforce CRM package.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; excellent presentation and group facilitation skills.
• Ability to participate and drive major organizational change and operational initiatives.
• Effective interpersonal skills, including high energy level, maturity, and creativity.
• Understanding of policies, goals and objectives in order to affect financial oversight in protecting the company’s assets.
• Excellent leadership, relationship building and teambuilding skills.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage aggressive timelines and pay close attention to detail; analytical.
• Ability to develop training methodologies that ensure training is conducted and aligned with adult learning theories.
• Ability to lead and energize multidiscipline work teams to learn and apply new skills and techniques to respond to business needs.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
• Ability to drive results and create urgency and awareness of time to process all customer requests.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or bio-medical engineering
• A diploma from a technical college, in the field of Electrical Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology or similar in combination with experience may be considered in place of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of 6 – 8 years of experience in managing a team of FSR’s
• 8-10 years of experience working with complex electro-mechanical systems
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing company. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a generous PTO plan and opportunity for advancement. Please submit your resume with “Manager, Field
Service” in the subject line to: email@example.com