Field Service Representative – RIVA
Location: Toronto, ON
Summary of Position:
The Field Service Representative (FSR) provides the front line interface of ARxIUM systems to the customer. The FSR, under minimal supervision, and with broad scope of responsibility, performs field service activities involving the installation, maintenance, repair and modification of ARxIUM systems at a customer facility. The FSR must have excellent, customer centered, communication skills.
• Perform all software and hardware preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Ensure that all devices sold by ARxIUM are operating and functional whether they are serviced by the original manufacturer or by ARxIUM personnel.
• Monitor and support 3rd party resources to complete emergency break fix service calls.
• Works with the facility to schedule appropriate downtime for preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Provides a summary of work performed at the frequency and detail required by the facility to document the servicing of the system.
• Facilitates company to company interactions and takes responsibility for relationship between ARxIUM and the facility.
• To the necessary extent permitted by Service agreements or warranty conditions, makes recommendations on improving reliability and or serviceability of the system; makes recommendations to the facility for on-site parts required; and makes recommendations for improving customer processes.
• Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all paperwork and reports. This includes ticket updates and closures, expenses, timesheets and other administrative requirements.
• Responsible for following up on open issues, tickets and escalations.
• Each FSR will be assigned certain sites, which could include RIVA, OptiFill, or other Arxium supported equipment.
• Ability to travel on short notice is required.
• A normal work week will be Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
• Preplanned service calls outside of normal business hours may be required to accommodate user schedules, ex: preventative maintenance may be conducted during the evening.
• Unplanned service calls outside of normal business hours may be required to support 24/7 customer operations.
• Performs other duties as required.
• High level of mechanical aptitude is essential.
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems and to read wiring schematics is essential.
• Ability to use a multi-meter in troubleshooting electrical systems is essential.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing computerized electro-mechanical systems is essential.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing automated systems is an asset.
• Familiar with Windows networking and SQL database is an asset
• Compounding Pharmacy operational knowledge is an asset.
• Experience working in a cleanroom environment is an asset.
• Familiar with MS Windows Operating systems and associated application software.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
• Diploma or degree in a technical field including, but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, computer, biomedical.
• 7+ years of direct field service (or equivalent) experience troubleshooting and repairing computerized electro-mechanical systems.
• 7+ years of experience working in a service capacity with direct customer interaction.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing company. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a generous PTO plan and opportunity for advancement. Please submit your resume with
“Field Service Representative – RIVA ” in the subject line to: email@example.com