Field Service Representative
Location: Peterborough, Bowmanville, Ajax, Oshawa area of Ontario
The Field Service Representative (FSR) provides the front line interface of ARxIUM systems to the customer. The FSR, under minimal supervision, and with broad scope of responsibility, performs field service activities involving the installation, maintenance, repair and modification of ARxIUM systems at a customer facility. The FSR must have excellent, customer centered, communication skills.
- Perform all software and hardware preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Ensure that all devices sold by ARxIUM are operating and functional whether they are serviced by the original manufacturer or by ARxIUM personnel.
- Schedule 3rd party resources to assist complete preventive maintenance.
- Monitor and support 3rd party resources to complete emergency break fix service calls.
- Supports the facility IT group with any enhancements or upgrades that may impact the operation of the ARxIUM system by providing information and technical knowledge for a successful implementation.
- Works with the facility to schedule appropriate downtime for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Provides a summary of work performed at the frequency and detail required by the facility to document the servicing of the system.
- Facilitates company to company interactions and takes responsibility for relationship between ARxIUM and the facility.
- To the necessary extent permitted by Service agreements or warranty conditions, makes recommendations on improving reliability and or serviceability of the system; makes recommendations to the facility for on-site parts required; and makes recommendations for improving customer processes.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all paperwork and reports. This includes ticket updates and closures, expenses, timesheets and other administrative requirements.
- Responsible for following up on open issues, tickets and escalations.
- Each FSR will be assigned certain sites, which could include RIVA and OptiFill units.
- Ability to travel on short notice is required.
- A normal work week will be Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Preplanned service calls outside of normal business hours may be required to accommodate user schedules, ex: preventative maintenance may be conducted during the evening.
- Performs other duties as required.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Diploma or degree in a technical field including, but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, computer, biomedical.
- 7+ years of direct field service (or equivalent) experience troubleshooting and repairing computerized electro-mechanical systems.
- 7+ years of experience working in a service capacity with direct customer interaction.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
- Allen Bradley PLC or other machine control experience is a plus.
- Familiar with Windows Operating systems and associated application software.
- Computer networking experience is needed.
- Knowledge of Windows, Windows networking, Windows workstation and MS Office Suite.
- Familiar with networking.
ARxIUM offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a company match RRSP/DPSP, a generous paid time off (PTO) program, a profit sharing program and opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence indicating “Field Service Representative” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org