Location: Winnipeg, MB
Summary of Position:
The Billing Specialist is primarily responsible for processing customer billing and addressing customer inquiries. The Billing Specialist works with Contract Administration, Customer Operation, Shipping, and other function to ensure that invoices and credit notes are accurate, complies with contract provisions, and that customer inquiries are resolved on time.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
• Process billing (invoices and credit notes) in accordance with customer contracts or sales order
• Run report to analyze and verify accuracy of billing and take corrective action when needed
• Ensure timely and accurate customer billing
• Respond to customer complaints, requests, and inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
• Perform month-end duties
• Process credit card payments for all invoices
• Manage customer setup and maintenance
• Monitor project billings and closures to ensure revenue is recognized appropriately
• Prepare and provide information for the external audit and support compliance programs
• Provide support on various projects (e.g. simplification, system changes, policy implementation
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent computer and data entry skills required
• A problem-solver who can think on their feet and is comfortable taking initiative
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative team and fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and collection regulations
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Education & Experience
• Business accounting degree or certificate.
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in finance/accounting in a business environment
• Proven working experience in processing invoices and customer service
• Hands-on experience in operating accounting software (Epicor preferred)
• Bilingual (English and French) an asset
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing company. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a generous PTO plan and opportunity for advancement. Please submit your resume with “Billing Specialist” in the subject line.