Location: Winnipeg, MB
ARxIUM – About our Company & Culture
ARxIUM is a healthcare technology firm with an industry-leading, innovative automation product in the Sterile Compounding/IV Automation called RIVA, along with a suite of other chiefly proprietary software and hardware solutions for hospital pharmacies, long-term care and the retail pharmacy markets.
Our Company has been providing innovative solutions in the pharmacy automation space for over ten years and currently serves customers in North America, Europe and Asia. We have offices in Winnipeg and the Chicago Area and work remotely in cities across North America and Europe.
In mid-2020, ARxIUM embarked on a company-wide business transformation project to accelerate profitable growth to enable its customers to digitize patient care and achieve the next level of performance with the help of our products. We implemented new systems and processes and developed and brought in new talent to drive transformation in many of our functions, including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Engineering, HR, and Finance, strengthening our operations to better support ARxIUM’s growth.
Our teams reimagined new ways to work at ARxIUM as we advanced and solidified these changes in the new ARxIUM values. We strongly believe the Company’s accelerated growth is delivered by our team members consciously living our Company’s values every day. The ARxIUM’s Corporate values are:
• Teamwork: Leverage our collective genius through collaboration
• Growth: Always learn, grow, and share knowledge
• Agility: Respond rapidly and flexibly to achieve results
• Innovation: Innovate with a purpose to drive customer success
• Accountability: Take full ownership for all outcomes
• Quality: Deliver outstanding quality in everything we do
• Integrity: Demonstrate integrity in communications and actions
ARxIUM Finance Transformation
ARxIUM has kicked off a Finance Transformation Project to enhance the capabilities and capacity within our Finance team. The team is being increased in size with additional capabilities under a newly appointed Chief Financial Officer’s leadership.
Currently, additional capabilities are being sourced for the following functions with several new roles: Controllership (Winnipeg); Financial Planning & Analysis (Canada); Manufacturing & Supply Chain Finance (Buffalo Grove, IL)
As a Accountant within the ARxIUM Controllership Function, you will be responsible for supporting the accounting, compliance and reporting for all entities within ARxIUM. You will work in a fast-paced international environment, interacting with various internal and external stakeholders, including external service providers from different countries. You will partner with multiple functions within our organization to ensure management accounting, financial reporting and compliance objectives are achieved. You will contribute to the design and implementation of internal controls and new systems.
• Complete procedures on the closing checklist to ensure all close related issues have been identified and resolved;
• Evaluate current accounting practices and policies and drive continuous improvement;
• Identify, interpret and analyze potential accounting risks and issues;
• Identify and execute internal controls and financial procedures;
• Perform analytical analyses to provide decision support;
• Participate in activities including closing reporting and account reconciliation cycles ensuring high quality and timely delivery of financial information;
• Prepare and provide information for the external audit and support compliance programs;
• Ensure that internal controls and checkpoints are in place and are followed;
• Complete Balance Sheet analysis during and after the close on a monthly and quarterly basis;
• Review, manage and coordinate the closing and account recs type activities that are completed in the process teams;
• Review reporting tasks on a monthly and quarterly basis in a timely manner and high quality and respond to queries;
• Build strong partnerships with multiple stakeholders across functions;
• Provide support on various projects (e.g. simplification, system changes, policy implementation);
• Ensure compliance with accounting standards and best practices in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
• Work on both detailed/routine tasks, as well execute on more complex non-routine task/projects.
• Understanding of GAAP and internal controls
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly motivated, self-aware, collaborative, and responsive
• Intellectual curiosity, fueled by a proactive approach to continuously expand the skillset
• Highly accountable for the work done, both in terms of quality and timelines
• Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
• Strong ‘customer orientation’ to collaborate with and support internal and external customers
• Exceptional attention to detail and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Strong analytical skills followed by providing insights and drive required follow-up actions
• Passion for process improvement and challenging the status quo
• Experience working in ERP and CRM systems, specifically SalesForce and EPICOR
Educational Background & Prior Experience:
• Accounting Designation
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration
• 3 years of experience